Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ramzan Mubarak!

I love this time of year, I really do.

RAMZAN MUBARAK TO ALL! :D

Anyway, this year, admittedly, it's a little bit different. For two reasons:

1. I was very kindly reminded last night that this might just be my last Ramzan at home. Considering the pace at which things are going, it certainly looks like it. However, I hadn't thought of it that way, and I find this thought a tad depressing. So thanks to said person for reminding me. Some people are just a ray of sunshine, no?

2. Since it might turn out to be my last Ramzan, I've been trying my best to make the most of it. But some people are making that very difficult.

I mean, this is the month of abstinence, right? From like, everything. Food, water, drinks in general, back-biting, swearing, anger, hatred, ungratefulness, gluttony, spite, miserliness, and just about all the other negative things you can think of. But this year, as it is every year, all of them seem that much more pronounced in people.

I was just thinking, you know. This entire month, Islam tells us that the devil and all his disciples, or whatever, will be locked up and therefore, technically, you will have no distractions and nothing should make you stray from your religious duties, right? Also we're told that the devil is what makes us bad people, most of the time. So technically, TECHNICALLY this month everyone should be their own, supposedly pleasant selves, right? But they're not. What does that mean? Could it be that they're really not very nice to begin with? *shock and horror*

Anyway it's not like any of us is perfect. We're all allowed our share of flaws, being human and all that. But is it really that difficult to just be decent people and not fight with each other all the time? I mean, all you have to do is just keep to yourself what you're so accustomed to spitting out. It hasn't even been 10 days and already there's been a few arguments.

Oh well. I was just reading back to my older posts and realized that I was complaining about the exact same thing last year. Wow. Things seem to have gotten worse this time around, though. There's a saying in Tamil that is so perfect for this situation.

But let's forget all that. Three cheers for everyone who's trying to make a change in their lives.

Have a blessed Ramzan. :)

No comments: