Monday, February 9, 2009

omgnoway

It's been a whole month since I last updated! Ick. So much for keeping this blog up better than the last one.

Interesting, though. The past month, I mean. I know this is coming really late, after all the news is now...well..."olds", but what the hell. I haven't done anything or met anyone new since August 2008. Yes, that is the story of my life. So don't expect anything overly intellectually stimulating in this post.

First off, Obama's inauguration. We actually stayed up and watched the entire thing (minus the performances). Doesn't matter what the critics have to say, the man has charisma. His speech was so inspirational I found myself wishing I was American just so I'd have a legitimate reason to be proud. It's just so reminiscent of great leaders past. Let's hope his presidency is, too - minus all the bad stuff, of course. Here's wishing all the best to the only American president I know that has made me like the Americans slightly more. To end that, here's a link. Lots of pictures. :D

And then there's the 2 very important birthdays at the end of Jan. Mmhmm, you know who you are. I was planning to call (honest) but the reminder is also appreciated, RR, thank you. I think I've probably spent too much time away from them, but I was nervous while I was dialling. And when at first some weird dude answered I was...thoroughly confused, but also weirdly relieved. I know, I know, it all sounds very stupid. But I had a nagging thought that I might not know what to say, and that just maybe the constant fear that I've become a different, more dull person was not misplaced after all. Anyway when I redialled and got through, I've no idea what came over me, and I don't even remember half the things I said, but it brightened up my day and will continue to do so for the next few weeks at least. Alternatively, you could say that call pretty much kicked my nervous theories in the nuts and then on the behind just for good measure, and then tossed it down a manhole, doomed to roam the sewers for all eternity. So, um, YAY! :D

The next day, however, was a big damper on the spirits. I openly disagreed with my parents for, as far as I can remember, the very first time in my 21 years, but they somehow managed to emotionally blackmail and then later trick me into losing said disagreement. They got almost exactly what they wanted, but they've completely lost my trust for, I'd say...forever. Enough said, because the more I think about this, the more I hate them. But maybe not as much as I hate her. Or maybe I do, I'm not sure. Will get back to you on that.

Besides that, Liverpool are near the top of the table, not too far behind the Manures. Hopefully we can hang on til the end of the season, and climb our way up after our clash with them. It's about time we won the cup again. Pity Gerrard is out (what timing!!) coz we could really use him. But then there's never a time we can't. Hmm. Well we shall have to wait and see.

That's about it for now. Ooh, the KL trip is soon! Can't wait. :D

Cheers,
Me

No comments: