Married life is pretty hectic. It's barely been a month and already I feel like a different person. It's hard to just be a goofball and laugh things off because suddenly everyone's all about taking things seriously and being mature and grown-up and that's fine, but not all the time! I need to see the humour in everything to keep my sanity intact, and I guess that doesn't sit well with everyone. That's never been a problem til now because they've never expected seriousness of me, but apparently now that I'm married that's expected to change? I honestly don't see why that's necessary? Not that I'm conforming to that, but you know, just saying.
Don't even get me started on the new living arrangements. It's exactly like getting a new roommate in uni - except you're not in uni and you don't live in a hostel. Oh and also it's a permanent tenancy contract and you're expected to share everything without really being asked. And you have to do more than just your own laundry. And McDonald's every other day is not an option anymore.
Okay I lied. It's nothing like getting a new roommate in uni.
I don't want to make it sound like some sort of nightmare, though. Being married is actually pretty great. For one thing I have someone who's always with me (except when he's at work, I suppose) and I don't have to worry about whom to call in the middle of the night if I get upset (cue 'aww'). I don't have to call at all, in this case, which is fantastic, coz I don't have to bother getting credit. I get free hugs everyday (which is essential in this freezing weather!), among other things. :) So really it's all this peripheral stuff that takes time to get used to. That's not so hard, right?
The one thing I'm struggling a little with, as predicted, is cooking. Having only ever cooked eggs and toast, chicken curry and dhal are very daunting tasks. Luckily, at the moment I'm living with an aunt as a sort of transit before moving to the new place with my new husband (gasp!) so I have some time before I need to remember how to do it on my own.
To make matters just a tad more complicated, however, Ramzan starts next month!
*screams like that chick in the shower in the original Psycho*
And to think it hasn't even been a month yet! Still, I'm optimistic that I can somehow actually transform into what is popularly known as a 'good wife'. First, of course, I have to learn to take care of not one, but two people - simultaneously. Once I've mastered that I'm pretty sure everything else will (should) fall into place.
See? I've got it all figured out. Cake. :) Don't know what people complain so much about.
I'll try and be a bit more regular with my updates - now that I have sooooo much free time. Til then, wish me luck!
P.S. For everyone who's waiting for pictures, PATIENCE PEOPLE! I've got thousands to sort through! Check my FB in about a week or so?
1 comment:
I missed you! And have I told you, this is by far my favourite blog? I'm glad married life is treating you well. :D
Post a Comment