
We were watching Dance India Dance the other night - it's a show that plays every weekend on ZeeTV that's like So You Think You Can Dance, but like, Indi-fied. Yeah I know, how desi of me. :) Anyway, so this week they were eliminating dancers from the chosen 36 down to the final 18. And we noticed something.
We can predict who's going to make it and who isn't, simply by paying a little extra attention to how the dancer is introduced.
Let me explain.
Being an Indian TV show, it will not follow its theme. By this I mean that even though it is a dance show, and is supposed to focus on talent and agility, the show in its entirety includes almost everybody's sob stories. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty sad, the circumstances some of them are in - but after a while it all begins to sound the same.
So during this period of boredom we have noticed that the dancers whose performance is brought in with a video about their origins and life in general (including encouraging messages from their family and friends) as well as complete footage of the performance itself, are the ones that made it. The ones who have been cropped to shorter time spans are the ones that did not.
If that's not enough, the ones who made it are all considerably prettier (even if they're not more talented) than the ones who got eliminated. Sad, I know, but I suppose that's how TV works.
In other news, wedding prep is now in full flow. I might be leaving for a shopping spree in March sometime to get the majority of my new clothes. Usually girls would be excited by this, but, shopping not being one of my hobbies, I can't wait for it to be over.
Also, I've been hired as primary graphic designer for my own wedding - big surprise there. So far I've designed my own monogram, and am supposed to be working on the card right now. But my wrists hurt and so I decided to take a break - by writing, apparently.
And now I'm hungry. So I'll just go grab something to eat since it's 2 a.m. :)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment