So the last post was pretty high strung. I suppose I've calmed down now that I've had time to think about it, and I'm a little ashamed. I sound like such a brat, wanting things I can't have! The worst thing about it is that the people I talked to about it made it worse by condoning my behaviour. It's funny how you can't stop being unreasonable, even when you know you're being unreasonable. Human nature I suppose?
Anyway, I've said this before and I'll say it again. Nothing humbles me like finding out that someone has much bigger worries than I. I shall not mention (real) names, but all the things I've been complaining about fall flat compared to the things Naomi* has been having to face. She is, to be honest, one of the quietest, calmest people I know, and one of my best friends. I've seen her cry a few times, sometimes out of sadness, but mostly just because she was laughing too much, but never have I come across her this angry. She is a good person, and does not deserve the hell she is being put through. I know for one that she reads my blog from time to time, and she wouldn't appreciate me detailing her personal life on here, so I shall stop at that. Suffice to say that listening to her has made me realize that I've been making a fuss about nothing.
So I feel pretty crap. Also, over the past few days, I've been thinking about something RR said to me some time ago. He'd watched a video of some sort that was about putting out good thoughts instead of the usual negativity. I'm not sure if this has something to do with karma or chi or any of that, but it went something along those lines. The logic behind it being, maybe the world is the way it is because so many people are so negative all the time. Maybe being positive would bring about a change. It sounds all new-age to me, but now that I think about it, I guess it wouldn't do any harm to try. It'd be a much better use of my time anyway.
So here's to happy thoughts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment