Friday, December 9, 2011

TV shows without the TV

I can't describe clearly enough how accomplished I feel today, so here's a meme instead:


Yes I know I talk about laundry way more than a normal person should, but it's the one chore I don't mind doing because the detergent smells awesome - and therefore so does my clean laundry.

Now that that's out of my system, I was wondering, have I told you guys that I have money now?

Well, a little money. But a little money is better than no money.

I don't mean we're broke or anything, but I've been jobless for so long that to finally earn something is so satisfying that I can barely control my happiness about it. It's true that I did take on a couple of freelance projects that paid, but all of that money disappeared as soon as it came - as money often does when you're a student.

So to see a bank balance increase (and stay there) every week is a nice feeling.

Since I only work weekends, I've been getting caught up on all the TV shows no one ever needs to watch but does anyway. I only watch like, 6? I'm a little behind on a couple of them, and since they're all on Christmas break now, it's giving me a chance to get up to speed with all 6 fictional worlds and their equally fictional problems.

Except House, because, well, those diseases he diagnoses are all real. I know because my parents said so.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that I won't be at this job for long. Soon enough I will be jobless again, which I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully my visa stuff works out by then (though I highly doubt it) and then I can get a job I'm actually qualified for.

Until then, I guess there's always many more TV shows I could watch - and then of course there's laundry!

P.S. And books! I just got the 5th book of GRRM's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and have finished 4 chapters, yaaaaayyyyy! :)

No comments: