Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Progress

Is it normal to get spam mail offering medication that affects the size and stamina of specific organs, even if you're the wrong target audience? Because for as long as I can remember that's all I've been getting in my spam folder. That and 'Cheap BUT Realistic Replicas' of various watches. It's led me to think that perhaps my e-mail address sounds masculine.

Or is it supposed to be for me to pass on to someone whom I think would need it?

No, this entire post is not going to be about questionable spam mail.

I came to say that as of the 3rd of December, 2011, I will no longer be a visitor here. My visa has been applied for and received, and all I have to do now is wait for them to get back to me about whether or not I get to stay here permanently. From that date I mentioned, however, I will officially be on a bridging visa, which lasts for as long as it takes for them to make a decision on the visa I've applied for.

I'm told it doesn't take too long, the decision that is, and while that's mildly comforting, I'd like it if there were a progress bar somewhere I could keep my eyes on, preferably with a percentage somewhere near it. Not knowing what's happening is unnerving! Anyway, getting a letter saying they received the truckload of paperwork I send in might not be much, but it's something and I'm just sort of riding that wave out.

As for other facets of my unremarkable life, I think I'm getting better at this wife thing. I managed to clean more than a square foot of the house today. I was so proud of myself that I celebrated with a bag of chips. Before you criticise me, let me say that I only ate half. That's an achievement because the junk food here is awesome.

Junk food anywhere, is awesome.

Over the next few days I plan on continuing until the entire house is spotless!

I know, my life is so exciting. I should write about household chores more often, yes?

I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that to you guys. Or at least I'd try not to.

Not too often anyway.

Anyway, til then, cheers!

No comments: