Friday, October 14, 2011

Mobbed

I'm supposed to be preparing to host a huge party tomorrow, but here I am blogging about it. I should probably clarify that including ourselves there's 7 people in all who will be in attendance. And that is huge for me - I've only ever cooked for like, 4 people (once).

Anyway, there's a whole myriad of characters coming tomorrow. They're all his friends and their better halves, so I didn't choose them. Kind of like my relatives, I guess. Some are loud, some are quiet, some are too sarcastic for their own good, while others can barely speak English. It'll be interesting, to say the least.

Originally we were only expecting 2 people to show up, but then as the week wore on more and more people started freeing up their schedules in order to come. To them I say, aw, you shouldn't have.

No, really.

Cooking of course being my least favourite pastime (HA HA), I was less than thrilled with this increment. More so because most of these people have elephantine appetites! Since I'm going by how much he eats at home, essentially I'm cooking for 7 people the same amount my mom cooks for, say, 15. I only wish I was exaggerating.

Anyway, I should probably get back to making the house look presentable and what-not. If I leave it til tomorrow, I won't have any time to spruce myself up (and God knows I need it) and then they will all leave in disgust and all that glorious food I'm going to cook will go to waste.

I know, I know, I'm growing up so fast, etc.

I'll let you guys (Plural? Hmm.) know how it went once it has...gone?

Wish me luck!