Finally took the step. Finally it has happened! We are expecting a new member of the family! She is due in about a month and her name is yet to be decided - but let's call her Willow for now. This is the only picture I have of her at this point:
If you're disappointed that she's not human, well, sucks for you, really. I'm happy enough with her for now, and I can't wait til she gets home! I'm already planning where her bed will be (unless she sleeps on ours) and where I'll keep her litter tray, and what kind of food she's going to need, and whether or not I should get her regular food/water bowls or the fancy (read: expensive) ones. What about collars? Should I get her one? What colour? With or without a name tag? More importantly, how much is a new camera going to cost so I can capture every second of this?
Why yes, I am also known as the crazy cat lady, how did you know?
In other news, the winter here is more ruthless than it was last year. The other day hubby and I went to a faraway town called Doncaster (incidentally, to see above kitty) and we had to do a bit of walking. Now people who know me know that that's (arguably) my least favourite activity, second only to waking up on winter mornings perhaps, but that day was so much worse.
For the first time in my entire life, I had a nose bleed for no particular reason.
There I was, walking along, complaining more with every step and whining like I'd run a marathon the day before, and out of nowhere blood is spilt. Okay, not spilt, but there was a lot of it! It probably had to do with the fact that I was cold AND dehydrated (I was fasting) but I'd like to think it was because of all that heavy...walking.
When you stop laughing and catch your breath, keep in mind that I am, rather shamelessly, extremely unfit - and the last time I actually did any exercise was before my wedding, i.e. circa April 2010.
That's right.
Anyway, you would think such an incident would spur me to start working out and becoming at least fit enough to walk from A to A½ (let's not get too ambitious with a B) without haemorrhaging, but it has had zero effect. Seriously, I don't know what it's going to take to get me going again.
It doesn't help that the only cousins I have here were all born with naturally high metabolism, which means that despite the differences in the quantity of our food:
They still look like they haven't had anything to eat, ever. I wish I was exaggerating this, but it's completely true. Even the one cousin who eats the most (3 burgers, 20 nuggets + fries and coke) has a 28-inch waist.
If you're thinking about how bad that makes you feel about your own metabolism etc., spare a thought for how much worse it is for me because we're related and that means I missed out on all of those genes. Didn't even get a shred. If that's not unfair, I don't know what is.
I do love McDonald's, though.
If you're disappointed that she's not human, well, sucks for you, really. I'm happy enough with her for now, and I can't wait til she gets home! I'm already planning where her bed will be (unless she sleeps on ours) and where I'll keep her litter tray, and what kind of food she's going to need, and whether or not I should get her regular food/water bowls or the fancy (read: expensive) ones. What about collars? Should I get her one? What colour? With or without a name tag? More importantly, how much is a new camera going to cost so I can capture every second of this?
Why yes, I am also known as the crazy cat lady, how did you know?
In other news, the winter here is more ruthless than it was last year. The other day hubby and I went to a faraway town called Doncaster (incidentally, to see above kitty) and we had to do a bit of walking. Now people who know me know that that's (arguably) my least favourite activity, second only to waking up on winter mornings perhaps, but that day was so much worse.
For the first time in my entire life, I had a nose bleed for no particular reason.
There I was, walking along, complaining more with every step and whining like I'd run a marathon the day before, and out of nowhere blood is spilt. Okay, not spilt, but there was a lot of it! It probably had to do with the fact that I was cold AND dehydrated (I was fasting) but I'd like to think it was because of all that heavy...walking.
When you stop laughing and catch your breath, keep in mind that I am, rather shamelessly, extremely unfit - and the last time I actually did any exercise was before my wedding, i.e. circa April 2010.
That's right.
Anyway, you would think such an incident would spur me to start working out and becoming at least fit enough to walk from A to A½ (let's not get too ambitious with a B) without haemorrhaging, but it has had zero effect. Seriously, I don't know what it's going to take to get me going again.
It doesn't help that the only cousins I have here were all born with naturally high metabolism, which means that despite the differences in the quantity of our food:
My food
vs
Their food
They still look like they haven't had anything to eat, ever. I wish I was exaggerating this, but it's completely true. Even the one cousin who eats the most (3 burgers, 20 nuggets + fries and coke) has a 28-inch waist.
If you're thinking about how bad that makes you feel about your own metabolism etc., spare a thought for how much worse it is for me because we're related and that means I missed out on all of those genes. Didn't even get a shred. If that's not unfair, I don't know what is.
I do love McDonald's, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment