Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am so easy to please.

So I logged in, wallowing in faux self-pity at the thought of nobody reading my blog, and then - lo and behold! - I realize people have commented on my posts (thanks and much love, Alias & Tumbleweed) and suddenly I feel loved. :D This is your cue to refer back to this entry's title.

In other news, I have had several different people asking "whether I'm single or double" and I've been telling them that although I may look like a "double" from all the sitting around and doing nothing, I am, thankfully, still a "single". In case you don't really get this lingo, they're wondering if I will be spouting children anytime soon.

Now I love (most) kids, I really do. But having one of my own is a very far-off concept for me right now. Aside from the fact that I still need taking care of, I also have the added responsibility of caring for an alarmingly child-like creature, also known as my husband. Which is fine, really, because he's less of a handful than an actual baby will undoubtedly be.

I was probably singing a different tune when I first discovered babies, thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a baby's laughter fill the house, the miracle of childbirth etc. That stuff is still going to be true once I'm really old and my children are no longer children but having children of their own (I hope), but for now I'm scared out of my wits at the thought of having a helpless little person who will be almost entirely my responsibility for the next...... well, forever.

I've probably managed to scare you, too, with that outlook.

But I have to say I feel a little more prepared than my nephew's baby mom.

Yes, you read correctly.

Everything that's a given with having a baby seems to be taking her by surprise, like not getting sleep, expensive diapers, lack of time to do anything besides baby...take...caring?

Yea I know, my vocabulary has not only gone down the drain but has officially been deemed untreatable by the most effective of waste management companies.

So I really need a good (fictional) book to read. Ideas?

(That means you. Don't be shy. TALK TO ME PLEASE.)

1 comment:

Tumbleweed said...

A game of thrones by George R R Martin. I can't recommend it enough. It's the first of an amazing series and I am a bit obsessed with it. the TV series is coming out in April as well (yay!) so I am impatiently waiting for that =)