I would like to say I feel like I've grown in these past few weeks of anti-sociableness, but I honestly don't think I have. Instead, all I do nowadays is watch TV shows online. For this, of course, I blame the internet. It's so fast that you can watch each episode as it loads, which is awesome.
Because, of course, that would be the rational thing to do; blame the internet.
Other than wasting my time on nothing in particular, I have also been trying to become more responsible financially. This is proving to be more difficult than I thought, because:
1. Absolutely everything costs something.
2. I'm not in uni anymore so my dad won't pay the rent.
3. I hate cooking and would prefer fast food or takeout any day, which is burning a hole in my wallet.
4. I've realized I don't really have the right to call it "my" wallet because I'm not contributing anything (yet) which just makes me feel like a leech.
5. McDonald's is 5 minutes away and I can never have enough McFood.
Still, I'm trying to take everything in my stride and control my appetite for food that I don't personally have to cook (even though it's so much easier). I think I'm improving because today I actually held back from suggesting we order something, and instead had chicken curry for dinner, even though I'm not a fan of curries.
If that's not an accomplishment, considering the circumstances, I don't know what is.
Besides that, I'm looking up recipes that are easy to follow and don't require much skill (got to be realistic) because I've come to learn that not everybody is okay with surviving on Maggi and cereal when funds are running low. I mean, who knew?
I suppose this means I'm on my way to becoming an actually responsible adult? It's about freakin' time.
Wish me luck, I guess?
No comments:
Post a Comment